Monday, July 8, 2013

Road Trippin'




Back in February I took a road trip down to Meridian Mississippi. I love driving instead of flying. I don't mind flying but you see so much more and have a chance to meet so many more people when you drive. 
Right after that trip my 21 year old daughter, Taylor, said she wanted to take a road trip with me. This was a great idea except and also and idea that just makes me resize my little girl is growing up. She is in a relationship with a very nice young man and I decided if we were going to do it now is the time. 
So we are on our road trip. We only have 5 days and lots to do. So far we have been to Louisville Kentucky, we visited the Louisville Slugger Stadium (home of the Bats) and the Louisville Slugger bat factory and museum. We visited Churchill Downs, home of the Kentucky Derby. Then off to the Willet, Makers Mark and Jim Beam Distilleries. We even met and got our picture taken with the owner of Willets. 
Next we drove to Nashville. Dinner at Rippy's and walked along Broadway. 
All and all not a bad day for a road trip!

I hope this road trip idea is something that I can make a tradition with my daughters. I can't wait for one with McKenzie. Her trip will be filled with different adventures I am sure. 


No comments:

Post a Comment