Saturday, February 5, 2011

Believe

Two Blog post in one day!! I am a little overwhelmed right now from the comments my painting has gotten from Facebook friends. But I guess I hit a cord with all Packer fans right now. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised. As a Packer fan I know how excited I am about the Super Bowl.

I have had a number of people ask me about prints or buying the original. I love the idea of it but have big time fears. The last time I had prints made it took me almost 2 years to break even. I have a huge fear that everyone is excited today, the day before the Super Bowl. Tomorrow it fads and I have a big investment and no buyers. For me the fun was seeing if I could paint something like this. Last year I wanted to take one of my pictures of Prince Fielder and paint it but I was afraid to try. Honestly I think our snowstorm was my friend. It gave me the time to paint continuously. I loved it and I think that being able to devote that kind of time in one stretched help my flow.

I sure I am flattered by the number of compliments I have gotten. Comments and compliments mean a lot more than people realize. I have so much to learn so when my progress is recognized it motivates me to keeping working. Thank you all.

Lance

2 comments:

  1. you forgot to print 'SUPER BOWL MVP'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo Hooo. He IS the MVP. But I think I will keep the title as Believe

    ReplyDelete