Monday, February 14, 2011

An Overwhelming Weekend

I am doing my best to try to keep something coming on this blog. It has been viewed over 900 times. I am pretty happy with that.

This past weekend was quite overwhelming. I delivered the original of my painting "Believe" to Dan Brandenburg. He is a huge Packer fan and has been very supportive of my work. I am happy for him to be the new owner. But I also delivered a number of prints of the painting. It is a great feeling to get this kind of reaction over a painting. I knew with the Packer win it would get some attention. But I added the bible verse because I wanted it to mean more than just a picture of a Packer.

This weekend I also found inspiration in some other places. Kaylene was helping her Dad and they came across some old toys. Some of which I used to have too! They brought back some great memories. I am thinking some sort of toys of my past still life would be fun. I think their is a lot of potential.

As I talked about often, I am attending a Paul Jackson Watercolor workshop this coming weekend. The workshop will focus on painting glass and reflections and shiny stuff. I was up at my Dad's place and looking for cool glass stuff that I could paint when I get back. I found some but I will be on the look out for cool glass pieces yet. But while I was on my hunt I came across a box with my Dad's fishing reels. I am thinking old fishing reels and lures could offer a lot of different options and be a lot of fun.

So needless to say I am anxious for the workshop and then putting it all to work. I am also excited to just hang out and have some beers with Paul and Marla.

I hope you all have a great week.

Lance

No comments:

Post a Comment