Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Feeling Inspired- Go Pack Go!

As an artist you can find inspiration in all different places. I have looked at tree trunks that have inspired me to paint birds. I often have to stop and look at reflections and the way the light bends and changes an image as seen on a shiny surface.
But today I am inspired by the Green Bay Packers. I have been thinking about it for a long time and honestly have been trying to fight off the urge to paint a Packer picture. But what to heck. I started it. I am working on a painting of Aaron Rodgers. I had a hard time deciding who to paint once I decided to do it. But it came down to the fact that I like the way he has conducted business the last 3 years.
He pretty much let everyone else do the talking about the controversy and he just went to work. He let his actions do his talking, learned from his mistakes and learned to play within himself.
So as all of Wisconsin (with the exception of a few anti-social radicals) is cheering for a Super Bowl win, I am celebrating the Packer season in my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment